Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Emma Started Preschool

She LOVES it and she did great! She's still very anxious about separating from both Pete and I so for the first two days I just hung out with her but today she was feeling very comfortable and told me that it was okay for me to go. When I went back later to pick her up, she told me how much fun she had playing with all her new friends, how nice her teachers are and how happy she was that she was able to let me go...without even crying (she's very articulate in general, but amazingly so about her emotions...just like her big sister). I know how hard this transition is and how anxious she is whenever I leave. I'm so happy for her that she could trust me enough, relax, and have fun. She was all bubbly and proud, telling me all the details of her day (well...I was only gone an hour)and I could tell that she felt very grown up.

I love this school. Christopher and Hannah both went there and had the same teacher...Nancy. The teachers are really wonderful and very professional. They are specialists when it comes to separation anxiety and they let you come and go in whatever way is best for your child (you can play there all day everyday). It's a cooperative so I also get to work there. Many of the children are the younger siblings of kids from Hannah's class so it feels like we are spending our days with old friends. It's a lot of fun!


DSC_0838t

DSC_0843t

DSC_0846t

DSC_0847t

DSC_0848t

DSC_0850t

DSC_0866t

DSC_0877t

DSC_0883t

2 comments:

Marla said...

Wow, she is just gorgeous Wendy! Glad she's doing so well!

my3 kids said...

what a beauty..hope she is enjoying preschool:) I so miss visiting my bloggy friends:( I will be back soon though!!