
Children spill into the main aisle of Memorial Church yesterday to hear renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma perform with the Silk Road Ensemble and Harvard student musicians.
________________________________________________________________
I went online to look at today's edition of the Harvard Crimson to read an article about a concert we attended last night and what a surprise! Yes, those are the girls and yes, that's Yo Yo Ma performing. What you can't see is their big sister standing over to Yo Yo Ma's right, playing along with the Silk Road Ensemble. It was an amazing concert last night and I hope to have some video up of it soon. Yo Yo and the Silk Road Ensemble received the inaugural Thelma E. Goldberg Arts in Education Award yesterday at the culmination of a three-day residency at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. They performed several pieces, including three that they performed alongside six student musicians. Yo Yo is an incredible man and Hillary is so fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from him...again. I think she had a great time. As you can see, the little girls enjoyed it, too! Hannah has seen Yo Yo Ma before but when he came out on stage, she noticed something she hadn't before. She turned to me in amazement and said, "Mom, he's Chinese!". I said, "I know...and you are, too." She beamed, looking very proud. It was sweet moment. Yo Yo Ma is about as nice a role model as one could ever have.






No comments:
Post a Comment