No...this isn't my photograph. I found it on flickr. My computer crashed so I don't have any of my photos. Not only that, but the current card in my camera which is FULL of of photos is "corrupt" and I can't get any of the shots taken since Easter off of it. My life has been kind of like this lately.
I still have the GI bug. It's been almost 4 weeks and a trip to the ER last week hasn't solved the mystery yet either. I call it the Babson College Norovirus Diet (those from MA will understand). I've lost 10 lbs and 3 weeks and you could too...just come on over and I'll give it to you :)
Probably the hardest thing that has happened in the last several weeks was losing a referral for a beautiful little girl. The morning I received "the call", Pete was sitting in layoff meetings at work. The timing was terrible and the whole thing was a rollercoaster that went on for many weeks. We had two big concerns...how to parent and care for the needs of 6 children if we lost all of our income and how to deal with the bumping of birthorder, something we had not wanted to do (this little one was older than Emma). We needed time to sort things out and this process doesn't really provide that. It is such a complicated story and for a while, we thought she was ours, sent a care package, etc. but in the end, she was unlocked from us and locked to another family. She now has a wonderful new family and we are very happy for her. We are taking a break for a while.
It's been a rough winter with a lot of stress and illness. We are looking forward to some time to regroup, relax and be thankful for what we have. I just want to feel better and enjoy the spring and the kids. They are all doing great and are keeping us busy with college visits, ballet, soccer, baseball, concerts, etc. I have about 3 weeks left in my spring semester at school (and I have a lot of work to catch up on). I''ve just started a bit of gardening (my love) and am looking forward to doing an independent study in photography later this spring and summer.
We are supposed to have hot, sunny weather in the Northeast for the next several days. I cannot wait.
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry to hear about the referral, my heart breaks for you. And I'm sorry you're still sick and about your photos, ugh! When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?
Big hugs to you and prayers for sunny days for you soon.
OH Wendy, I am so sorry to hear your not feeling well. I hope your feeling back to yourself really soon. It's been an awful winter/spring for sickness that just doesn't seem to go away or it does but not for long. I am very sorry to hear about the possible layoffs. Things are so unsure all over..very scary. Good luck with all that. So sorry about the little girl you were interested in. I pray you find the child that is meant to be yours very soon. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo
Ahhh, I cannot wait till you're all better! Sounds like you have so much going on. I hope that summer just revives all of you and that you hear something wonderful soon!
Natalie
Oh, how difficult this must have been for you! I'm so sorry. And to be sick on top of it and have the work stuff going on. Ugh.
Wendy...I really hope you feel better soon. HAve they tested you for a parasite? I had one once and did not know for a long time (6 weeks).
You know my heart breaks for your loss. Thank you for the e-mail last week. I never did get back to you again. But I appreciate it. BIG huGS!
Thinking of you....hope all settles down for you soon...
Tiffany
Wendy, I'm so sorry - I was thinking about you earlier this a.m. Bless your heart, you guys have really been through it. A break is much deserved.
Not sure if you've stopped by my blog lately but I found out that my position had been eliminated the day after we returned home from China. One of the hardest things I've ever been through in my life - career has always been high on my list of important things.
Anyway, I wish I knew the perfect thing to say - but I'm failing w/ that right now. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers though.
Take care,
Carolin
Post a Comment